Friday, February 22, 2008

Arrival in Valladolid, Mexico

The Asheville Sister Cities and Asheville - Buncombe Technical Community College delegates arrivied in Valladolid, Mexico last night and were greeted with open arms from our friends at ITSVA - Instituto Tecnológico Superior de Valladolid. We spent last night relaxing and enjoying each others company before visitng ITSVA today.


Ver mapa más grande

While at ITSVA today, we learned a lot of general information about the school and toured the campus including seeing 2 new buildings not yet in service. Dr. Young also addressed the ITSVA faculty, staff and students with a short presentation about AB Tec. Monday we will start more focused discussion groups on how we can grow the relationship between our schools. I will be leading a discussion / demonstration /workshop on GIS with a group of students and faculty studying computer science. It should be lots of fun!

3 comments:

JFinley said...

Beautiful pics! I really enjoyed see my colleagues in Mexico.

Pam Silvers said...

Great picture and trip. I am looking forward to updates

susanc said...

Nice pictures! I'd love to see the area someday myself.
Susan Currie