Time: Following MRGAC Meeting
Location: AB-Tech Computer Lab / Main Campus - Balsam 108
Cost: $95 for member $145 for non-members (registration fee will support the Carol Paxton BCT Student Scholarship Fund)
This course will be a one day mix of lecture, presentation, and hands-on exercises in the creation and basic management of SQL Server-based ArcSDE Geodatabases. An introduction to SQL Server databases will be provided, focusing on the SQL Server 2008 model. ArcSDE Technology will be introduced and basic concepts explored.
Additional lecture and exercises will cover the following topics:
- How to create ArcSDE geodatabases.
- The ArcSDE Repository “Under the Hood” - how SQL and SDE work together to manage geographic data sets.
- Creating and Loading Data (vector and raster).
- Managing users – how to create logins and grant access to data sets.
- Versioning – how it works and how to manage correctly.
- Replication – how it works and how to use correctly.
- Managing spatial and attribute indexes.
- Tuning the geodatabase.
- Best practices for managing ArcSDE databases.
- Advanced topics (time permitting).
Student questions will be welcomed and other related topics can be explored as time permits. As designed, the workshop will be conducted using SQL Server Express and Personal SDE licensing. While these types of databases do differ from full-blown
Registration: Contact Kathryn